Home to the world’s finest collection of modern and contemporary art, The Museum of Modern Art is a place that fuels creativity, ignites minds, and provides inspiration. Now you and your family can explore how artists use line, shape, and color, and create your own artwork inspired by MoMA’s collection. Artists featured in the MoMA Art Lab app include Henri Matisse, Elizabeth Murray, Jean (Hans) Arp, and others.
Get creative and use the MoMA Art Lab app to create a sound composition, a shape poem, a group drawing and more, then save and share your artwork (parental setting available). Digital play is a great way for families to learn about art, discover artists’ processes and inspirations, and spend time together. The MoMA Art Lab app is intended for ages seven and up.
• Create and save your own artwork
• Play with shapes, lines, and colors
• Activities inspired by works of art, including:
o Create a sound composition
o Draw with scissors
o Make a line design
o Collaborate on a group drawing
o Create a shape poem
o Make a chance collage
• Creative prompts for extra inspiration
• Audio for pre-readers
• Learn about works of art at MoMA. Artists include Henri Matisse, Elizabeth Murray, Jean (Hans) Arp, Jim Lambie, Brice Marden, and others.
• Share your artwork with others
Get the App here.